Where We’ve Been: A Year in Performance
It is hard to believe that in the last ten months, our students have appeared in 28 separate public performances! From our collaboration with BalletRox in September to our final Spring Concert on June 13, they have shared their talents and joy with diverse audiences all across Boston.
Did you know?
- Our students have performed for audiences of over 800, and for the mayors of Boston and Somerville
- Venues have included historic Sanders Theatre, The House of Blues, The State House, The Strand Theatre, and Longy Bard’s Pickman Hall
- Our students have composed and performed at least nine original compositions this year including the “Down and Out Blues,” “The Ballad of Paul Revere,” The Rockin’ Rainbows “Nature Rap,” and “Dinah’s Song” for solo violin.
- They have premiered at least seven works by local composers and resident artists, including Steve Leben’s arrangement of “Yesterday,” Levi Comstock’s score to “Three Little Pigs, Inc.” and “The Nutrition Song” by Mike Moore and Josue Gonzalez.
- The variety of student performances has included orchestral and choral music, hip-hop, and jazz, as well as slam poetry, three plays, and even a circus!
- Through their joint concert with the Somerville Public Schools, Dudamel Orchestra helped to generate support for a new El Sistema program in their district in the fall.