We are excited to share that the first year of our new out of school time program was a huge success. Over the next 24 months Conservatory Lab is rolling out an innovative interdisciplinary program that offers robust arts and academic enrichment opportunities to students and their families.
The Clubs program, called Make, Move, and Jam combines academic content with rich learning opportunities in the arts.
with things like visual arts, technology, and engineering.
with dance, karate, and athletics.
with music, poetry, games, and experiential learning.
Creativity in Action!
- Dance and Storytelling ClubThis is the second of a few posts that feature the new programming in Conservatory Lab’s Make, Move and Jam Clubs Program. Students started each day of the Dance and Storytelling Club with a warm up and an affirmation. This
- Introducing Clubs: Media ArtsThis fall, Conservatory Lab is excited to launch a robust arts and academic enrichment program thanks to a change in our schedule. We are building capacity over the next 24 months for the program with Conservatory Lab staff as well
- Hours: 2:45PM to 4:30PM one day per week
- Students may sign up for ONE program (This includes the YMCA and Sports)
- Sign up will be first come, first served.
- Call (617) 254-8904 X216 for questions or for help after hours.
- Applications due (via ParentSquare )
- Accepted families will receive an invoice and other documents with their welcome letter by a week before clubs begin.
- Checks can be made payable to Conservatory Lab Charter School.
- What are the Make Move and Jam clubs?
Interdisciplinary arts-based activities that encourage participants to develop creative strategies, concrete skills, and to make connections to the world around us.
- Who can participate in the Make Move and Jam clubs?
Any participant who is not already enrolled in Sports or the YMCA After School program may sign up for ONE club. Conservatory Lab will be providing push-in support to the YMCA to ensure that participants have access to engaging arts-driven activities, but at this time the two programs are running separately.
- How will the participants be selected for the Make Move Jam Clubs?
Sign-up will be first come first served, and participants will be added to the waiting list.
- What hours will the programs run? What if I’m running late?
The Make Move Jam clubs run until 4:30PM. It will be $1 per child, per minute for late pickup. There will be no program Tuesday or Friday at this time.
- Where will the program take place?
At the building where your participant attends CLCS with some walking field trips to explore our neighborhood.
- Will my child need special equipment or materials?
Most materials will be provided.
- How much does it cost?
The Make Move Jam clubs will meet one or two times a week and cost $20-30 per Season. Seasons start in October, January, and April. There may be other short programs in gaps.
- What if my child’s sibling is in another program or at the other building?
As with all extracurricular activities, it is your responsibility to provide transportation for your children. Please contact us to let us know if you have any concerns (617) 254-8904 X216
Clubs will be grounded in our CREW qualities to create a safe and supportive learning environment. Programming will be aligned to high level National Art Education (NAEA) standards (Create, Respond, Present, and Connect) and the framework for positive youth development built by the National Partnership for Creative Youth Development (Create, Catalyze, and Connect).