In the fall of 2021, for the first time ever, we launched a full service Out-of-School Time (OST) program specifically designed to provide students with support and enrichment. Programs are aligned to the National Art Education Association (NAEA) standards and the National Partnership for Creative Youth Development’s framework for Creative Youth Development (CYD). Conservatory Lab’s OST program also includes opportunities for academic remediation and tutoring for our high need students and we continue to explore other topics of interest to our students and families, further enriching their learning experience at Conservatory Lab.
During the 2022-23 school year, every week just under 200 students participate in clubs, sports, and childcare, making up just under half of CLCS students participating at any given time. As programming grows, Conservatory Lab has added partnerships, notably with the Boston City Singers, who run our chorus.
with things like visual arts, technology, and engineering.
with dance, karate, and athletics.
with music, poetry, games, and experiential learning.
- Hours: 2:45PM to 4:30PM one day per week
- To make sure the most students have equal access, sign up will be based on a lottery.
- Call (617) 254-8904 X216 for questions or for help after hours.
- Applications due (via ParentSquare )
- Accepted families will receive an invoice and other documents with their welcome letter by a week before clubs begin.
- Checks can be made payable to Conservatory Lab Charter School, and we are now accepting electronic payments.
- What are the Make Move and Jam clubs?
Interdisciplinary arts-based activities that encourage participants to develop creative strategies, concrete skills, and to make connections to the world around us.
- Who can participate in the Make Move and Jam clubs?
Any student in K2 to grade 8 can sign up for clubs that are designed for their grade level. There will also be a series of Family events geared towards students in K1 to grade 2.
- How will the participants be selected for the Make Move Jam Clubs?
Sign up will be by a lottery and those not selected in the lottery will be added to the waiting list.
- What hours will the programs run? What if I’m running late?
The Make Move Jam clubs run until 4:30PM. It will be $1 per child, per minute for late pickup. There will be no program Tuesday or Friday at this time.
- Where will the program take place?
At the building where your participant attends CLCS with some walking field trips to explore our neighborhood.
- Will my child need special equipment or materials?
Most materials will be provided.
- How much does it cost?
The Make Move Jam clubs will meet one or two times a week and cost $50 per Season. Seasons start in October, January, and April. There may be other short programs in the early evenings and Saturdays for families to participate in together that will be billed on a case by case basis.
- What if my child’s sibling is in another program or at the other building?
As with all extracurricular activities, it is your responsibility to provide transportation for your children. Please contact us to let us know if you have any concerns (617) 254-8904 X216
Clubs will be grounded in our CREW qualities to create a safe and supportive learning environment. Programming will be aligned to high level National Art Education (NAEA) standards (Create, Respond, Present, and Connect) and the framework for positive youth development built by the National Partnership for Creative Youth Development (Create, Catalyze, and Connect).