Boston Charter schools have officially started their Soft Launch for the 2022-2023 SY. This launch will allow families to submit applications a little early, in order for any issues to be sorted out before the Official Launch on 10/1!
Please see info below about important dates coming up pertaining to our Application and Lottery
- Official Launch of the Application is Friday, October 1.
- Families should use the following links to apply: applybostoncharters.com or apply boston charters.org
- Application Close Date: Monday, February 28, 2022.
- Lottery Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022 (Snow Date: Thursday, March 10, 2022).
Take a peek at what it is like to attend Conservatory Lab:
- A Day in the Life of K1Greetings new families! We are so excited to have you and your child join us at the Conservatory Lab! Here is a ‘day in the life’ of a K1 student! We begin the day with arrival happening between 9:15 and
- Bringing Learning HomeAs Conservatory Lab Charter School closed its doors to prevent the spread of COVID-19, families opened up their homes and embraced the possibilities of remote learning or as we like to say “bringing learning home”. With the support of teachers,
- What Teachers Need to Know for Remote LearningThe typical school year begins with weeks of planning and professional development, providing staff with time to prepare for the arrival of our students. The pandemic created a seismic shift in that process, requiring our school leaders to work tirelessly
- Learning Kits: Classroom Resources at HomeFrom word walls and number lines to whiteboards and toys that activate imaginative play, every classroom is rich with visual aids and resources that reinforce ideas or remove barriers to learning. Teachers, teaching assistants, and operations staff ensured that students
- Families, Now Educators: A Look At Virtual Learning Strategies At HomeRemote or hybrid learning has become a critical means for teachers to continue building sustainable educational experiences for young learners. At Conservatory Lab, teachers continue to explore a blend of virtual and more traditional methods of instruction to keep students’
- Creative Youth Development with Early Childhood MusicConservatory Lab students don’t just say, “I’m learning music.” They say, “I’m a musician.” This is by design: Resident Artists have created a program that makes space for students to take ownership of what they are learning from very early
Frequently Asked Questions:
How and when will I know if my child was accepted?
The Admission Lottery was held on March 9, 2021. Although applicants are welcome to attend the lottery, attendance is not a requirement for admission. If you do not wish to have your child’s name read or released in public lottery results, please email an “Opt-out” request to email@example.com or mail it to “Admissions” at Conservatory Lab Charter School, 395 Columbia Rd, Boston, MA 02125
Each applicant is assigned a “lottery number” which is then entered into the system for the computerized lottery. A disinterested party initiates the computerized lottery and results are projected on the screen for each grade level and then posted. Notifications for lottery results will be posted on our website with your child’s application number and the lottery number received.
Applications will not be accepted via fax.
Tips for applying:
- Fill out all information. Print neatly and clearly.
- Verify that the child’s date of birth and grade is 100% correct.
- Apply for the grade your child will be entering in September 2020.
- Include working phone numbers only – please give us more than one working phone number.
- Ensure the address is accurate. Include apartment numbers and 5-digit zip codes.
- Inform us immediately if your address, phone number(s) or email address change.
- Ensure that we have received your application. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt of your application or lottery number call (617) 254-8904 to verify that your information is on record for our lottery.
What do I do if I have questions?
If you have any questions or if your contact information changes, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (617) 254-8904.
Conservatory Lab Charter School will not set any principal application deadlines or hold any enrollment lotteries for student admission for the upcoming school year until after January 1, and shall conclude its principal enrollment process no later than March 15 of each year. Conservatory Lab will give reasonable public notice at least one month, of all application deadlines. Reasonable public notice will be given at least one week prior to each enrollment lottery.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Conservatory Lab provides below this notice of the rights of students with diverse learning needs to attend Conservatory Lab and to receive accommodations and support services, including students who may have a disability, require special education, or are learning English as an additional language.