The Lottery Application is now closed.
School Year 2024-2025 Lottery Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 (Snow Date: Thursday, March 7, 2024).
K1/K2 cut-off dates:
K1: born between 9/2/2019 and 9/1/2020
K2: born between 9/2/2018 and 9/1/2019
Families should get in touch by phone (617) 254 -8904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a peek at what it is like to attend Conservatory Lab
- K1 Explores Portraiture: Kehinde WileyEvery year, students in Pre-K explore their identities as a part of an annual project called “A Portrait of the Artist,” designed by K1 Teacher, Taheera Massey. Students create a series of self-portraits while examining artwork from a variety of … Read more
- What Is A Friday Finale?Students are at the center of their own learning at Conservatory Lab. To deepen their learning in subjects like literacy and math, students complete learning expeditions, which are meaningful academic projects through fieldwork, reading, that allows students to take ownership … Read more
- A Day in the Life of K1Greetings new families! We are so excited to have you and your child join us at the Conservatory Lab! Here is a ‘day in the life’ of a K1 student! We begin the day with arrival happening between 9:15 and … Read more
- The Science of Salad DressingConservatory Lab students have kept learning about the real world with hands-on activities even when we were all dependent on screens for communication with their teachers and peers. Thanks to a grant from the Cedar Tree Foundation, Conservatory lab launched … Read more
- Creative Youth Development with Early Childhood MusicConservatory Lab students don’t just say, “I’m learning music.” They say, “I’m a musician.” This is by design: Resident Artists have created a program that makes space for students to take ownership of what they are learning from very early … Read more
- Connecting to Music through HistoryHow do Conservatory Lab’s young musicians learn to make music “sing?” If you have ever picked up a recorder or plunked on a piano, you know that there is more to making music than knowing where to put your fingers … Read more
Frequently Asked Questions:
How and when will I know if my child was accepted?
The Admission Lottery was held on March 9, 2022. Although applicants are welcome to attend the lottery, attendance is not a requirement for admission. If you do not wish to have your child’s name read or released in public lottery results, please email an “Opt-out” request to email@example.com or mail it to “Admissions” at Conservatory Lab Charter School, 395 Columbia Rd, Boston, MA 02125
Each applicant is assigned a “lottery number” which is then entered into the system for the computerized lottery. A disinterested party initiates the computerized lottery and results are projected on the screen for each grade level and then posted. Notifications for lottery results will be posted on our website with your child’s application number and the lottery number received.
Applications will not be accepted via fax.
Tips for applying:
- Fill out all information. Print neatly and clearly.
- Verify that the child’s date of birth and grade is 100% correct.
- Apply for the grade your child will be entering in September 2022.
- Include working phone numbers only – please give us more than one working phone number.
- Ensure the address is accurate. Include apartment numbers and 5-digit zip codes.
- Inform us immediately if your address, phone number(s) or email address change.
- Ensure that we have received your application. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt of your application or lottery number call (617) 254-8904 to verify that your information is on record for our lottery.
What do I do if I have questions?
If you have any questions or if your contact information changes, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (617) 254-8904.
Conservatory Lab Charter School will not set any principal application deadlines or hold any enrollment lotteries for student admission for the upcoming school year until after January 1, and shall conclude its principal enrollment process no later than March 15 of each year. Conservatory Lab will give reasonable public notice at least one month, of all application deadlines. Reasonable public notice will be given at least one week prior to each enrollment lottery.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
Conservatory Lab provides below this notice of the rights of students with diverse learning needs to attend Conservatory Lab and to receive accommodations and support services, including students who may have a disability, require special education, or are learning English as an additional language.